The Forever Circus
Welcome to Forever Circus. Feel free to take a look around but make sure to register to be a part of forum, chat with others, and get your gift! See you there
The Forever Circus
Welcome to Forever Circus. Feel free to take a look around but make sure to register to be a part of forum, chat with others, and get your gift! See you there
The Forever Circus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is always the hope that something dangerous will happen.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Megan Fox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wynters
Ringleader
Wynters

Peanuts : 406

Megan Fox Empty
PostSubject: Megan Fox   Megan Fox EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Why Megan Fox may not be a movie star. Why Megan Fox is definitely a TV star.
by Ken Tucker
Categories: Film, Geekarama, Movies, Talk Shows, Television, Vampires
The disappointing box office returns for Jennifer’s Body over the weekend was a contrast to the success with which its star, Megan Fox, commanded every TV show she chose to slink onto while promoting the movie last week. On Live With Regis and Kelly, she shimmied up on one of the hosts’ high stools in a tight dress and beige pumps and let Kelly Ripa talk about how she, Kelly, had spotted stardom in Fox way back when Megan played a ditzy teen on Ripa’s short-lived sitcom Hope and Faith.

On The Tonight Show — the one Conan O’Brien hosts, not the one Jay Leno does — Fox came out in a tight dress and black pumps to say that she loves to eat at chain restaurants like The Olive Garden and Red Lobster, reserving particular praise for the latter restaurant’s cheese biscuits:

“You’re the perfect woman!” joked Conan, meaning the perfect geek-fantasy woman: she’s hot-looking, and a cheap date!

Megan Fox sells sex and provocation. On TV and in magazines, it’s fun for an array of people — young and old straight men, girls who detect a dash of riot grrrl in her demeanor, gay men and women who recognize a present-and-future camp idol, if she lasts long enough to attract female impersonators — to relish her wanton kitty-in-stilettos image. She is, in short, great in interviews.

But actually paying a ticket ogle her is another, ah, proposition. Fox attracted a big following in the Transformers movies because moviegoers were paying for the big shiny robot toys and also got a human Barbie doll as an extra added bonus. But it took TV and print interviews for the Barbie doll to establish that she was smart, funny, and self-aware. Well, aware enough to recognize that Diablo Cody had written her a terrific script in Jennifer’s Body. But (along with all the movie people who green-lit this project) not aware enough to foresee that asking citizens to utter the phrase, “I want to see Jennifer’s Body, please” was going to be sufficiently embarrassing to force a lot of them to opt with the more family-friendly sounding, “I want to see Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, please.”

For millions of people, I’m guessing, Megan Fox is the very definition of a guilty pleasure. And a guilty pleasure is something you enjoy in the privacy of your own home. You don’t go out, drive to a theater, and ask for a ticket to see Jennifer’s Body if you think the person behind the ticket window knows you’re asking for a ticket to see Megan Fox’s body.
Back to top Go down
https://forevercircus.forummotion.com
Wynters
Ringleader
Wynters

Peanuts : 406

Megan Fox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Megan Fox   Megan Fox EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 3:28 pm

I don't know what it is but I adore Megan Fox. There is just something about her that i find so fun. I think she is somewhat misunderstood. She says things in a very exaggerated way which gets her in a lot of trouble but most of the time it makes me giggle. I can relate to her in that way. And i think she is just gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
https://forevercircus.forummotion.com

Megan Fox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Forever Circus :: Life :: Celebrity Insanity-
Jump to: